Locking additional STX
How can I lock additional STX for Stacking?
Follow these instructions if you've already locked STX for Stacking in Leather but wish to increase the amount of STX locked for improved chances to receive BTC rewards. Currently, Leather requires locking STX in increments of 10k or more.
Note: These instructions require you set up STX holdings across two separate Ledger devices or software wallets. Please proceed only if you feel comfortable dealing with multiple devices or Secret Keys. We highly recommend you do so with two Ledger devices and not two software wallets, for security purposes.
- 1.Ensure that you've secured the Ledger device or Secret Key for your existing wallet, as well as possess the BTC address you've already used to initiate Stacking.
- 2.Go to "Settings" in Leather and select "Reset wallet".
- 3.Accept the "Terms of Service".
- 4.Choose "Create a new wallet" and proceed with either your second Ledger device or new software wallet, securing your new recovery phrase or Secret Key in the process.
- 5.Choose "Receive" once you've finished setup and copy the address displayed for your new wallet somewhere for easy access outside Leather (e.g. notes).
- 6.Go to "Settings" in Leather and select "Reset wallet".
- 7.Accept the "Terms of Service".
- 8.Choose "I already have a wallet" and proceed with your first Ledger device or existing software wallet.
- 9.Choose "Send", paste the address for your new wallet, and enter the additional amount of STX you'd like to lock for Stacking plus 0.0002 STX to cover fees.
- 10.Confirm the transaction with your Ledger device or password.
- 11.Go to "Settings" in Leather and select "Reset wallet".
- 12.Accept the "Terms of Service".
- 13.Choose "I already have a wallet" and proceed with your second Ledger device or new software wallet.
- 14.Wait for the incoming transfer to confirm.
- 15.Select "Get started" on the right-hand side to view the Stacking form.
- 16.Enter the additional amount of STX you'd like to lock for Stacking, the same or greater number of cycles as you previously set for Stacking, and the same BTC address you previously used to initiate Stacking.
- 17.Submit the Stacking form and confirm with your Ledger device or password.
You will now participate in Stacking with the total STX locked by both of your wallets for any given cycle in which they are both still locked.
Alternatively, you can simply wait until your STX unlock for your single wallet after the total number of cycles in which they've been locked transpire. You'll then be able to reinitiate Stacking with a new total using the single wallet instead of creating a new one for adding STX before those cycles transpire.