Installing the Extension from source
How do I install the Extension from Source?
Leather is an entirely open-source project since we believe it's essential that users can verify the code they run for entrusting their digital assets and identity. Check out our repository on GitHub.
First download the source code from GitHub using the "Download source code" button above and unzip.
Then move the unzipped folder to somewhere on your computer where you can keep it safe from deletion (e.g. your home folder).
For Chrome, Brave or Edge:
- 1.Go to: chrome://extensions
- 2.Toggle: "developer mode" on.
- 3.Click on: "Load unpacked"
- 4.Select the new directory that was unzipped from stacks-wallet-chromium.zip.
Alternatively, for Firefox:
- 1.Go to: about:debugging
- 2.Click on "This Firefox"
- 3.Click on: "Load Temporary Add-on…"
- 4.Navigate inside the new directory that was unzipped from stacks-wallet-chromium.zip
- 5.Select the manifest.json file.
As such, we recommend installing from source only if you have a particular need, such as verifying the code you run on a version-by-version basis, or accessing a newer version that isn't yet available in the Chrome or Firefox stores given review queues.